10+ Best Niche Ideas to Start a Career Blog
A lot of persons today, are confused as to what career they should choose. Truth be told, it’s a bit dicey, knowing fully well that you’re choosing something you would do for a very long period.
However, this problem can be solved with the right knowledge. If you can guide individuals on how to choose a lifetime career, you can start a blog. This is why I have come up with this perfect guide on how to start your own career blog.
What is a Career Blog?
This blog talks about various career opportunities available and how individuals can access them. If you have great knowledge of this and wish to share your knowledge, then this post it for you!
With your career blog, you help some persons who are lost in this wide world. It could be a guide on how to get a job in a particular field, how to access opportunities, how to hone your skill, get a profession, or make money from your hobby. It could be anything!
If you’re very good at personal finance, it will help to give out valuable tips too concerning monetary issues.
With your blog, you will be able to reach a lot of individuals even in the comfort of your home. This way, you can easily give out your tips and guides.
Do you really need a Career Blog?
Starting a career blog is very valuable if you are passionate about it. And yes, you need a career blog! With a blog that helps your audience find a suitable job or vocation as a means of livelihood, you will be seen as an authority in your niche.
When your audience sees that you’re able to solve basic problems of unemployment and joblessness, you will be highly sought after.
You don’t need to be a professor in any field or some tech guru. Anyone can be a career blogger! You just need the basic knowledge, to avoid giving out less valuable content.
That being said, you will have to do a lot of research, to know exactly what you should give out to avoid sounding mediocre.
How to Start a Career Blog
You can now give out your wonderful career advice on your blog. Carefully go through this guide.
Many persons think it’s difficult to start a blog. This is not true. You don’t necessarily need to hire a programmer or web designer. With this guide, you can equally do it yourself and save more money.
Blogging is now made easier. With practical steps — which I will show you — you will know the basic steps to owning your own super blog for sharing useful business opportunities.
So, do you really want to start your business blog?
Well then, let’s go.
Grab your notepad and take down important details. You will need them later.
Don’t also forget to bookmark this page. You wouldn’t want to miss out on anything, would you?
Now, here are the steps to starting your amazing career blog:
- Find a career niche
- Launch your blog
- Create content
- Generate traffic
- Monetize your career blog
Find a Career Niche
Starting a blog on vocations, employment, jobs, etc., call for much focus. You can have a lot of hobbies and interests but for your blog, you need just one message and it can only be found in your niche.
Writing without a niche will make your blog look so vague and without focus. Remember, “Writing for all, is writing for none.”
You might be interested in technology, cooking, health, finance, etc., at the same time. This is very wonderful, but if you’re starting your blog and wish to be intentional about it, you should pick out one aspect and start from there.
If you, however, wish to write on more than one topic, you should at least make sure they are closely related and can blend easily, to avoid passing out the wrong message.
Your niche should be something you’re much passionate about. It tells your blog’s main objective and helps you find your target audience. Everyone will not love to be a cook. Everyone will not become an engineer. Use your blog content (in your niche), to know your specific audience.
To know the right niche for your blog, you might find these tips helpful:
- Passion, interest, and skills: in locating your desired niche, look out for what you’re passionate about. Blogging is a long-term activity and if you are not happy with what you’re doing, you will get tired, easily.
Your passion defines your “why” and this is what keeps you going, even when you feel like quitting. If you’re not interested in helping your audience in a specific niche, blogging will seem like a herculean task. This is why you don’t need to put so much focus on making money, at first.
Also, you need to have the necessary skills for your niche. You should be able to know what each career talks about and how to gain access and be successful in it. This is exactly what your blog should be all about. With these, you will be able to give valuable content and attract the right audience.
- Market demand — your blog needs an audience and as such, your niche will determine that. If you’re looking for a profitable niche, it should be something that people want.
You should be able to give apt solutions to your audience’s problems. If your career blog niche doesn’t solve any problem, then it’s not needed.
Do keyword research and know what’s in the market. You should have the knowledge of what people are looking for. If it’s a well-known niche, then you can go into it. This will take off the stress of always struggling to get the audience for your blog.
- Competition — one major factor that affects the growth of your blog is competition. If you find yourself in a competitive niche, it may be a bit difficult to generate enough traffic to your blog.
Of course, there are thousands of other bloggers in your niche; you’re not the only one. If it’s a less competitive niche, you may be able to grow faster.
You need to know your competition, so as to devise a healthy blogging strategy. If you don’t know who’s in the market, you won’t be able to have a good plan. Know your competitors and look for ways to do better.
These factors should help you locate a profitable niche for your career blog.
Now, let’s take a look at some career niches you can start. These are basically vocations people do to earn a living. When you’re through with your market research, you will know what people are looking form.
Check out these 10+ careers, You might want to niche down and be more specific
- Creative Careers: these careers cover everything creative! From drawing, painting, designing, craft etc. Starting a blog on this will solve the problem of lack of creativity, help people utilize their creative prowess, and make a living from it.
- Education Careers: a blog on education, deals with learning (mostly formal). It talks about schools, colleges, and every other place where one can get a formal education. You might have tips concerning the work of someone in that field.
- Engineering Careers: with the recent development in technology, there are so many opportunities for various individuals in this sector. If you have access to these opportunities, you can help people locate them, too.
- Healthcare Careers: career opportunities in healthcare cannot be overemphasized. You have a plethora of opportunities to share and as such, you might want to niche down to a more specific niche. It could be on fitness, mental health, weight loss, food,
- Government Careers: some opportunities are left, untouched in the government sector. If you have full knowledge and access to any, you can start up your career blog and act as a guide.
There are a large number of other career niches. Let’s see more of them:
- Accounting careers
- Administration careers
- Editorial careers
- Finance careers
- Hospitality careers
- IT careers
- Legal careers
- Maintenance careers
- Marketing careers
- QA careers
- Retail careers
- Sales careers
- Service careers
- Security careers
The careers, however, are not limited to this list. You can as well, find a suitable one for your blog, using the factors listed earlier.
Now, shall we start a blog?
Launch your Blog
If you are going to share great career opportunities with a global audience, you will need a platform for that. Your blog does this. Your blog is your online home and your message is easily transferred with just a single click.
When you have launched your career blog, you will be able to easily give out your content at the comfort of your home. When your audience accesses your blog they will be able to see whatever you wish to share.
So many persons run away from blogging because of this stage. They feel it’s difficult to set up a blog. Truth is, it’s now much easier! You don’t necessarily need to hire a web designer or programmer to get your blog running.
This guide will show you how to set up your profitable career blog, even if you’re not tech-savvy!
Happy now? Well then, let’s go!
- Domain name: this is your blog’s name. It the first thing people use, to identify you (e.g. onlinemoneyportal.com). For your career blog, you will need a suitable domain name that will be in line with your blog’s message.
While choosing your domain name, do keyword research, and pick out the suitable ones. You don’t need to rush it. Take your time and come up with something unique. It’s your identity and can’t be changed easily.
If you ever get stuck, you can as well, use a blog name generator.
Before choosing your name, use these factors:
- It must be unique
- Should be memorable and catchy
- Avoid using ambiguous words
- Avoid the use of numbers and hyphens
- Use keywords related to your niche
- Web hosting: for your blog to go live and be seen, you will need a hosting service. This is where your blog lives — it is “hosted” online.
For hosting service, I recommend Bluehost. It has special features that make the blogging experience a beautiful one. Bluehost is affordable, easy to set up, and has good customer service. Upgrade and start with a plan — according to your budget.
- Installing WordPress: one benefit of using Bluehost is that WordPress, your blogging platform will be installed for you. With WordPress, you can easily tweak your blog to suit your style.
There are different amazing themes — both free and paid — to help add beauty and give your career blog a wonderful appearance.
Also, there are various plugins installed already. Pick out the essential ones and add functionality to your blog.
It’s very easy to start your career blog and make it go live. I have also written a detailed post on how to start a blog. Check it out and see how to set up everything “techy.”
Now you’ve launched your career blog, it’s time to create your first content and publish!
- Create Content
Your blog is lying still if there’s nothing in it. For you to start generating traffic to your blog, your content should be able to attract and compel visitors.
The saying, “content is king,” cannot be any truer. Your content should be able to speak to your audience, solve their problems, answer their questions, and enlighten them.
If your content cannot do these, you will definitely lose all your efforts. Invest heavily in content for your blog. It will drive traffic to it, no matter how long.
While starting out, you can give a description of yourself and what you do. This will give your audience an idea of what they should expect from your valuable opportunities.
Your content will bring in visitors and make them a loyal audience. Connect with them and find ways to tackle their challenges.
Your career blog content can come in various forms:
- Text: writing about careers and vocations is one way to pass your message to your audience. With your written content, your audience reads whatever you share and learn, as well.
- Pictures: pictures they say, speaks a thousand words. With pictures, you can equally give out valuable content. Infographics and illustrations can help explain some vocations.
- Videos: with videos too, you can easily pass your message across to your audience. It could be through slides, screen capturing, or a presentation by you.
- Audios: speaking on various employment strategies, you can share beneficial tips through audio content.
It could be one or a mix of different forms. Just choose what will be perfect for your blog and be consistent with it.
Be very intentional about every post you make. Before clicking “publish,” take a look at the content and note if it’s worthy. Don’t rush it. Take your time.
A poorly crafted content can ruin your image and chase your audience away. You wouldn’t want that, would you?
- Generate Traffic
Setting up your blog and creating content, is one thing, generating enough traffic, is another. For your blog to go global and reach out to a greater audience, you need to seek out ways to increase the flow of traffic.
If you fail to do this, your blog will continue to go down, and all your efforts will seem to be a waste.
Here are various means of generating traffic to your blog:
- SEO practices: a lot of people think SEO has gone extinct. The fact is that it has even been upgraded to work better! If you want your blog to be easily seen by most visitors, then you need to inculcate good SEO practices.
While creating content, look out for specific keywords to help your site thrive. Don’t worry if this sounds vague and confusing; I got you covered!
Check out my postings on SEO tips and learn the basic knowledge of SEO.
- Social media: due to the high competition rate and lack of knowledge of SEO, some bloggers now resort to using social media platforms to boost their blogs.
Whether you know about SEO or not, you need to boost your blog on social media too. This will help you reach a greater number of the audience too. Share your posts on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest, etc.
There are other ways to generate enough traffic to your blog. Some include joining groups and guest posting.
This is all in a bid to make your blog visible and known.
- Monetize your Career Blog
One goal of every career blogger is to make money while blogging. This is where monetizing your blog, comes in.
If you fail certain basic processes, your blog will experience a massive decline. For you to start monetizing your beauty blog, you need to have valuable content and enough traffic.
Without this, your blog will have great flaws. Check out these monetization options:
- Coaching and consulting sessions
- Paid webinars and seminars
- Sponsored posts
- Digital products
- Guest posting
- Selling ads
These and so many more, are ways to make money even while doing what you love.
See how to make money blogging and get these in detail. You will see various ways to make money from your career blog.
You must also note that your first aim shouldn’t be money. Take time to create valuable content that attracts. With time you will generate enough traffic that will lead to monetization.
Now you’ve successfully completed this guide, congrats! You’re the newest career blogger! Follow all the steps here and be consistent. Blogging is very tasking, so you have to be committed to working and giving valuable content.
You can as well, follow top career bloggers, and learn from them.
I would love to hear your thoughts on this. Use our ever-friendly comments section to tell us what you think about this.
Do you like this article? I’m sure you do! You can help us share this on your favorite social media platforms. Your friends would love to see this!